Parking Services Fall 2014
Parking Services' hours of operation are
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
As of August 1, 2014-15 stickers and temporary permits may be purchased at the Parking Services Office, 2507 W. Michigan Avenue. Stickers for residence halls and commuter lots may also be purchased on line at www.parking.wmich.edu from August 1 through August 23. Stickers and temporary permits will be sold at One Stop Convenience Center in the Bernhard Center and Lawson Ice Arena during the following dates and times.
Aug. 25-Aug. 29 (Bernhard Center): 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sept. 2-Sept. 4 (Bernhard Center): 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sept. 5: 9 a.m. - noon
September 8-September 10 (Lawson): 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Students residing in residence halls and other people residing in university housing shall pay the full time rate. Student and temporary employee registration fees shall be paid according to the following schedule.
|Full-time, Academic Year (valid Sept. 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015)
|Full-time, Fall/Spring (per semester)
|Part-time, Fall/Spring (per semester, 4 credit hours or less)
|Summer I/Summer II (each session)
- There is no ticketing in student lots only from August 16 through September 8, 2014; Vehicles must be legally parked, however.
- Daily permits may be purchased for $5; Weekly permits may be purchased for $15.
- All motor vehicles parked on Western Michigan University property by employees, students and people residing on campus must be registered with the Parking Services Office and shall properly display a WMU parking sticker or permit.
- Parking permits must be paid by cash, check or credit card (Mastercard, Visa, and Discover). All open tickets must be paid before permits can be obtained.
- A WMU Bronco ID, valid driver's license, and current vehicle registration are needed to complete the vehicle registration process. An apartment lease is also required to obtain a permit for an on-campus apartment sticker. A departmental appointment letter is also required for graduate assistants.
- Students and staff who have a valid state issued handicap permit/accessible permit are also required to have a current WMU permit to park on campus.
- Faculty and staff are reminded parking permits issued to them are for their personal use only, and are not to be used by family members or others. Violations may result in fines, loss of parking privileges, and impounding the vehicle.
- Visitors must park at campus meters or purchase a temporary permit. Payment at a meter may be made with quarters or by a cell phone through Parkmobile.com. Instructions are listed on each campus meter. Refer to Regulations 6.0.
NOTE: Parking information may change at any time. Please call Parking Services at (269) 387-4609.